A tech focused company in Central Scottsdale is looking for a savvy Tech Copy Writer for a direct hire role.
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll be doing in the role:
Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications in print or electronic media by performing the following duties.Composes advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses. May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
• Converses with sales, marketing, and other departments to decide the main selling features of product or service and discusses style and length of advertising copy.
• Gets additional background and current development information through research and interviews.
• Checks advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of specific and related goods and services to formulate presentation approach.
• Writes preliminary draft of copy and sends to supervisor for approval.
• Corrects and revises copy as necessary.
• Receives assignment from supervisor.
• Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
• Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
• Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
• Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
• Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
• Prepares or arranges for preparation of index.
• Assists in laying out material for publication.
• Arranges for formatting, reproduction, and distribution of material.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested in hearing more? Email email@example.com